My Basic Skincare Routine

Hello lovely hooman!

Welcome to this humble blog of mine haha. Let's skip all the talking and dive in straight to my basic skincare routine!



I loveeeeeee make up to the extent that I wouldn't mind spending hundreds to get my hands on great make up products. But as I dab more foundation and concealers on my skin, my skin gets worse. There were tiny bumps all over my face, my face looked very dull and dehydrated all the time.

I was down to no choice but to head over to beauty saloons to have my skin fixed. Facial did helped in reviving my skin and my beautician kept stresses on the importance of a good skincare routine.

As you all know, there are 3 important steps in a basic skincare routine, i.e.


Cleansing - Toning - Moisturizing

Step 1: Cleansing


My beautician started of my facial treatment with double cleansing and she stressed on the importance of double cleansing. Double cleansing involves using a cleansing oil, balm or micellar water to break down make-up, SPF and sebum on the surface of your skin first, then following it with a deeper water-based cleanse.

On days where I put on make up, I would remove my make up using Garnier's Micellar Cleansing Water and I swear this is the best damn thing on earth. When the cleansing water was first introduced, I saw a lot of great reviews about it online and I was dying to try it out. I finally bought the micellar water after some time and on the first wipe, my foundation came off so easily!! There werent any burning/tingling sensation unlike many of the make up removers on the market. It is just amazing.

Meanwhile, on lazier days or when I go on a vacation, I'd use cleansing wipes because they are a lot more handy. My favourite cleansing wipe by far would be the one from Bifesta.




I've tried using cleansing wipes from Simple and they were okay. However, there's this weird tingling sensation after every wipes. I found out about this Bifesta cleansing wipe through one of the videos by Night Owl Cinematics (NOC) where they did multiple tests and comparisons between different brands of cleansing wipes available on the market. And the final winner was this gem.

The cotton sheet of this Bifesta cleansing wipe is very soft, and the best thing about it is that it removes make up amazingly without giving me any burning/tingling sensation!! Another plus point is that it comes with a hard plastic cover/seal which prevents the wipes from drying out and contamination. You all should definitely give it a try!



On the other hand, I double cleanse my face using the SK-II Facial Treatment Cleansing Cream on regular days where I do not have any make up on, ALSO, after cleansing my face with cleansing water when I have make up on. In short, on days where I have make up on, the sequence would be:  Micellar Water - Cleansing Cream - Face Wash lmao sorry if this sounds ridiculous to you.

The thing I love about this cleansing cream is that it is very lightweight and cleanses well without drying out my skin. In fact, my skin feels very supple after using it! I personally am against using cleansing oil to double cleanse because it clogs up my pores, so I'd recommend using cleansing milk/cream to double cleanse instead.

Alrighttttttt, here comes the last product in my cleansing routine


*drum rolls*
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.




Face wash!
Yas, this is the bomb. This charcoal face wash from clinique is just beyond amazing. I've tried many face wash before and they are either too hydrating that it doesnt cleanse my face properly or they cleanse my face till squeky clean by stripping off every single drop of moisture in my face.

This charcoal face wash is in the form of gel and it just cleanses my skin so well!! It removes all the sebums and dirt without drying out my face. You just gotta try it for yourself.


Step 2: Toning
Toning is an important second step that completes the cleansing process. A good toner will remove any remaining bits of oil, dirt and debris left behind by the cleanser.  More importantly, toner will help soothe, nourish and hydrate the skin while restoring its delicate pH balance.



My go to toner would be Clinique's Clarifying Lotion. It is a gentle exfoliating lotion that deflakes and reveal clearer skin to smooths the way for moisture. I tried multiple brands of toner that boost hydration but they still fail to fix my patchy and flaky skin. 

I could clearly see the difference on my face even after the first use. Dry flaky dead skin were gone and my foundation/BB cream sits nicely on my skin without any dry patches. 

However, the cons of this toner is that it has a very chemical-ish/alcohol-ish smell. I was literally choked by the smell when I tried it for the first time but I got used to it after some time. Pretty sure it's not alcohol-free so people with sensitive may want to stay away from this.


Step 3: Moisturizing





Finally, the last step of your skincare regime would be to moisturize your face. It is very important to choose the right moisturizer for your skin. I used to think I have dry skin so I bought a lot of cream based moisturizer to pump in more moisture to my face. However, my skin gets really oily by the end of the day and there were tiny bumps all over my face (tiny bumps are signs of clogged pores).

So when I had my facial done, my beautician explained the differences between dry skin and dehydrated skin. Dry skin has a lack of oil, or lipids while dehydrated skin has a lack of water in the stratum corneum, which is the top layer of the skin. Clearly, I have dehydrated skin.

From then on, I switched to gel-like moisturize which apparently has improved my skin condition by a lot. This moisturizing gel from Clinique is very lightweight and very hydrating indeed. Its gel-like formula allows the product to be absorbed into my skin really quickly without leaving my skin feeling tacky.


Ahhhhhhh im finally done! hahaha sorry for the lengthy post but I had lots of fun sharing all of this with you.

Thanks for visiting and do comment if you've tried any of these products! Good day to all of you xx

Comments